We offer a 30 day return policy.
All-Star Telescope wants you to be satisfied with your purchase and be able to effectively use your telescope or other purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from All-Star Telescope, you may return your purchase within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange less a 20% re-stocking fee. Refund will be in same form as payment.
The following are considered returns:
- Cancellation of an order once the payment has been processed on part or all of the order even if it has not yet shipped. When a deposit has been made for an order, cancellation will result in forfeiture of the deposit. (See note below regarding “Special Order Items)
- Uncollected shipments or orders. Refusal to accept delivery or not actively pursuing the collection of the order from the carrier (A tracking number is provided for this purpose)
We require that the product be returned in "as new" condition in its original, "as new" packing so it may be re-sold as new equipment. It must be fully insured and All-Star Telescope be consulted prior to the return. Shipping charges on all returns, whether for refund, replacement or warranty work must be paid by the customer. Charges arising from the return, such as customs, taxes or surcharges, will be the sole responsibility of the customer. All-Star Telescope will not be responsible for lost shipments or for damages in shipping from the customer. Insurance claims will be the responsibility of the customer.
Upon receipt of a returned product All-Star Telescope will examine the shipment and determine if the criteria for the return has been met. A refund or credit will be issued within seven days. In the event the product is not returned in "as new" condition or with missing materials, manuals or without "as new" original packaging the return will be rejected or a reduced refund offered as the product would offered as “used” to other customers.
We recognize that you likely will not have 30 nights of clear skies to test your equipment after purchase so ask that you find at least one night during the first 30 days of possession to use the equipment and make sure it is functioning properly.
Exceptions to this policy: The following products are exceptions to this policy. They are non-returnable unless there is a manufacturer's defect in which case the product will be replaced or repaired by the manufacturer:
- Optical Accessories: Eyepieces, barlows, powermates, diagonals, focal reducers and filters
- Binoculars and Spotting Scopes
- Imagers such as NexImage, Skyris and Autoguiders
- Special Ordered Items - products that are not usually kept in stock
If we lower our price before delivery or pick up for items ordered online, we will match the new price at that time. Discounts or lowered prices made after purchase delivery will not be matched. Any returns made will be subject to the return policy above
All-Star Telescope wants you to be able to use your equipment purchased from us for the reasonable lifetime of that equipment. All-Star Telescope works with its suppliers to provide the customer with service under the manufacturer's warranty. While All-Star Telescope will assist where possible, in some cases customers may be directed to work with the manufacturer to expedite service and reduce shipping costs.